Day of Execution (Paranormal Detectives #7) by Lily Luchesi
Genre: Paranormal Crime
Publication: January 1st 2019
Publisher: Vamptasy Publishing
Source: Review copy from Author – Thank you.
Add to Goodreads
Blood is not thicker than water.
The Undead are restless, and the Empress feels powerless to heal the rift within the vampiric empire. As tensions rise, Angelica and Danny must hold a crumbling paranormal world together. But a knocking from the portal into Hell makes for a dark distraction. What horrors will the new Lieutenant of the Underworld heap upon them?
Battle scenes, gore and vampire lore, OH MY. And here was I thinking book six was fast and furious, book seven was even more so!
The book starts with a big bang and rips through at a startling pace. Battle scenes galore, revenge seeking, deception, decaying corpses and the genocide of a certain paranormal species.
I am SHOOKETH. Why you say, because:
- “the genocide of a certain paranormal species” – Yeah, that.
- I was keen after Danny’s descendant turning up in book 6 to see how that character panned out – It didn’t end up going the way I was hoping.
- There is the reappearance of a character from the very first book.
- We get to meet the new Lieutenant of hell – Yeah, super fun times bro.
- *spoiler* Danny gets his psychic powers back – I LOVED this twist actually!
- THE EPILOGUE! Those last couple of sentences! – Bring on book 8 and what I’m sure will be a killer conclusion to this action packed, heart and heat filled paranormal crime fighting series supreme.